If you are a sushi lover who has just taken the perfect photo of this Japanese specialty, you’ll probably need the right sushi caption to go with it.
Well, in that case you have come to the right place. I’ve made this excellent list of the best sushi quotes and captions for you to use for the perfect social media post.
Sushi is a traditional dish that originates from Japan and is prepared with cooked rice seasoned with vinegar and raw or smoked fish.
Sushi is often served wrapped in dried seaweed leaves called makizushi, and also small “packets” of fried tofu stuffed with sushi rice called inarizushi.
International Sushi Day is celebrated on June 18.
Now, check out my cool archive of Food and Sushi captions I collected just for you.
Top 30 Sushi Captions
1. Simply good any time of the day.
2. If this sushi were any fresher, it would be swimming.
3. Sushi is such an art, I swear!
4. It’s that time again when I get to eat seafood smothered by rice and wrapped in nori.
5. Everything’s dark before the prawn.
6. From sea to plate.
7. Life without you is like sushi without vinegared rice.
8. Let the sushi tickle you from the inside.
9. Feed me sushi and shower me with compliments.
10. Knowing that it’s sushi and not kimbap is a sign of sophistication.
11. Watch out for the wasabi!
12. You just can’t say “no” after trying it once.
13. Never falls short of my expectations.
14. Surround yourself not with negativity, but with sushi.
15. My wish for fish has finally come true!
16. What rich, powerful umami!
17. One serving of this per week keeps the brain strong.
18. Filling my tummy and my mind with sushi.
19. To long life!
20. Nori alone makes those rolls so beautiful.
21. Never skimp on the shrimp!
22. Trimmed fish to make those picture-perfect rolls.
23. You, me, and sushi.
24. Fish and rice turned into a masterpiece!
25. Fish? Yeah! Nori? Wow! Sushi? Fantastic!
26. Feast your eye on these, for they will be devoured in the next few moments.
27. Sushi: it’s way cheaper than therapy!
28. Unless you try it, you’ll never know how heavenly it tastes like.
29. Will commit sins for sushi.
30. I can speak fluent Japanese: “Sushi, nigiri, maki!”
Sushi Instagram Captions
1. Who needs gender roles when we have sushi rolls.
2. Long-time no sea.
3. Bright food colors brighten my day.
4. Sushi, because it’s cheaper than therapy.
5. Come on in, the sushi is fine.
6. I followed my heart and it led me to sushi.
7. Wake up little sushi.
8. Chopsticks slow me down; let me just use my hands!
8. Miso hungry.
10. You’re my soymate.
12. Fish, to taste right, must swim three times — in water, in butter, and in wine.
13. No more Mr. Rice guy! I’m going to devour it all!
14. Roe, roe, roe your sushi boat.
15. A little comfort food goes a really long way.
16. There is an I in “sushi”, so get your own.
17. It’s never too early for sushi.
19. Dim sum-body say sushi?
20. You’re the salmon to my sticky rice.
21. Why be grouchy when there’s Hamachi.
22. We bleed soy sauce.
23. Sushi-addicts welcome.
24. Please control your tempura.
24. Eating what I love.
25. Sashimi Saturday.
26. Paradise in each grain of rice.
27. We’re all over this sushi-like white on rice.
28. We dance to a different tuna.
29. Dream big, eat sushi.
30. Holy roller.
31. Who needs gender rolls when we have sushi rolls.
32. A party without sushi is just a meeting.
33. A parade of flawless sushi deliciousness!
34. A fish died to become this beautiful work of art.
35. Limp Bizkit Ice Cream would taste like the sweetest pair of panties in the world. It would taste like sushi. Sushi or panties.
36. Sushi is my favorite art form.
37. Can’t use chopsticks? Use your hands instead. You can eat a lot more too!
39. Sushi doesn’t ask silly questions.
40. Sushi and wasabi — better together.
41. Sushi time and feeling fine.
42. Shrimply The Best.
43. Would you like rice with that.
44. Calling it fancy is an understatement.
45. Neither snow nori rain stays these hands from sushi.
46. So much sushi, so little time.
47. We wish for fish in every dish.
48. We don’t skimp on shrimp.
49. Let’s get avo-control.
50. I wish for fish.
51. Our sushi is crabtivating.
Cool Sushi Puns
1. Rollin’ with my homies.
2. The reason I loved his subject in undergrad is because it made miso happy.
3. I really like your cool demeanor. Wasabi my valentine?
4. Sushi — the best food in the tunaverse.
5. Let the good times roll.
6. Right now, I am so busy. Kindly come up and sashimi sometime.
7. We’ve lived many years as a family because we are soy happy together.
8. As they were walking together, sushi A said to sushi B, “wassa-B!”
9. When you watch people eating sushi that is when you know how they roll.
10. Sushi Me Rollin’ They Hatin’.
Cool Sushi Captions
1. It’s definitely okay to splurge when it comes to sushi.
2. A Japanese food plate par excellence.
3. Follow your heart closely and it’ll eventually lead you to sushi.
4. Don’t get tempted into buying that bargain sushi. It’s not worth it. Go all-out, splurge!
5. We were given freedom of choice so that we can decide on our own whether we’ll have sushi as a snack or as a meal.
6. The best-tasting and the best-looking oriental dish is undoubtedly sushi.
7. Honestly speaking, sushi isn’t costly at all. It’s only expensive because of the demand.
8. A bento box full of sushi is akin to a box full of jewelry.
9. Sushi is sushi no matter what shape, color, size, or form.
10. Nothing says luxury like a colorful plate of fresh sushi.
11. With sushi, it’s all about balance. A thick slice of fish, thin slice of fish, overcooked rice, undercooked rice, too much rice vinegar,
12. Maki rolls are great because they have a lot of flavors to offer. Whether it’s the flavor of fruits, meat, vegetables, or rice — you can have them all in one roll!
13. You are what you eat, so go on—eat a fresh, classy, sexy piece of sushi.
14. Happiness is enjoying the little things in life.
15. Pure bliss is when a fatty piece of fish slowly melts in your mouth.
16. Sushi when served in bamboo plates heightens the oriental experience.
17. As they say, teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. However, if he doesn’t like sushi, then you’ll also have to teach him how to cook.
18. You can’t buy happiness and contentment, but you can always buy sushi, which is kind of the same thing.
19. No need to say you hate seafood. If you’re broke, just say so.
20. Making sushi is an art, experience is everything.
21. Just think of it this way: “Sushi is simply the Japanese word for yummy.”
22. Life’s too short to eat bad sushi.
23. Love and sushi are very similar in a variety of ways; one is that you can never have too much of either.
24. Every seafood should be escorted by nori and rice.
25. Good shrimps, in order to have the best consistency, should always be handpicked carefully.
26. Preparing sushi is a craft that requires only close watching and learning.
27. Running is only acceptable when it’s on the way to the sushi bar.
28. Many ideas were conceived at sushi joints.
29. That very first piece of sushi you partake in is always a culinary epiphany.
30. Each sushi represents a different patch of sea under a different shade of sky.
Famous People Sushi Quotes
1. “If they talk too much, if they didn’t understand how to eat sushi, if they did not eat the uni, we will never have a relationship. That’s it. It’s the end.” — Anthony Bourdain
2. “In Japanese, sushi does not mean raw fish. It means seasoned rice.” — Guy Fieri
3. “In Japanese sushi restaurants, a lot of sushi chefs talk too much.” — Masa Takayama
4. “I always thought that bagels and lox was my soul food, but it turns out it’s sushi.” — Sara Sheridan
5. “I love eating sushi and eating raw and clean – no pasta and bread. Low carbs is what works for me.” — Chrissy Teigen
6. “Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Unless he doesn’t like sushi, then you also have to teach him to cook.” — Auren Hoffman
7. “I love lean meats like chicken, turkey. I’m obsessed with sushi and fish in general. I eat a lot of veggies and hummus.” — Shawn Johnson
8. “I love sushi, I love fried chicken, I love steak. But there is a limit to my love.” — Jonathan Safran Foer
9. “I was in a sushi bar and it dawned on me – how could I discriminate between a cow and a fish?” — Carre Otis
10. “The fine art of preparing sushi is something that you watch and learn.” — Nobu Matsuhisa
11. “A good rule to remember for life is that when it comes to plastic surgery and sushi, never be attracted by a bargain.” — Graham Norton
12. “I’m not making art, I’m making sushi.” — Masaharu Morimoto
13. “Sushi is pure love!” – Unknown
Interesting Sushi Quotes
1. “A balanced diet is a sushi roll in each hand.”
2. “You have to eat good! I eat gorgeous food. I eat sushi, I eat meat, I eat steaks. I eat more than you, I’m sure.” — Tanya Dziahileva
3. “Did you know that the Jews invented sushi? That’s right – two Jews bought a restaurant with no kitchen.” — Jackie Mason
4. “It always freaks me out when I go to a sushi place and there’s a Mexican.” — Chelsea Handler
5. “Heaven has no taste. Now – And not one single sushi restaurant. A look of pain crossed the angel’s suddenly very serious face.” — Terry Pratchett
6. “I love sushi. But after too much of it, it just starts to taste like a dead animal that hasn’t been cooked.” — Amy Lee
7. “There’s no such thing as too much sushi.”
8. “I could eat my body weight in sushi”. — Mikey Way
9. “Fatty tuna in your tummy.”
10. “There’s always room for more sushi.”
11. “Kids are now eating things like edamame and sushi. I didn’t know what shiitake mushrooms were when I was 10 – most kids today do.” — Emeril Lagasse
I’m sure you’re starving for some sushi after reading all those amazing quotes, right? Can sushi be healthy and tasty? Yes, but only if prepared properly.
I hope you were able to find the right sushi caption for you.
Now it’s time to visit your favorite sushi restaurant and take the perfect photo to go with the best sushi caption you found!