These missing out on your child’s life quotes are intended for parents who feel emotional about their children and the circumstances that separate them.
They say that parental love for a child is the strongest bond that exists in nature.
Children grow up fast, and in the blink of an eye they are already adults and want to leave home.
Sometimes we don’t need physical distance to miss a child, there are simply times we just can’t dedicate ourselves to children because of our obligations.
Although parental love is mostly unconditional, parents burdened by life circumstances, especially when the child is a little older and no longer a baby, sometimes fail to show enough attention.
I have collected some of the best missing out on your child’s life quotes to help you stay strong and heal your wounds with positive thinking and inspirational quotes.
Top 20 Missing Out On Your Child’s Life Quotes
Let’s start this journey with some of the best missing out on your child’s life quotes.
1. “Missing you comes in waves, tonight I’m drowning.” — Chris Young
2. “Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was.” — Jodi Picoult
3. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world.” — Agatha Christie
4. “Missing someone is part of loving them. Not until you are apart do you realize how much they mean to you.” — Nikhil Saluja
5. “The ache for home lives in all of us. The place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” — Maya Angelou
6. “Missing someone isn’t about how long it has been since you’ve seen them or the amount of time since you’ve talked. It’s about that very moment when you’re doing something and wishing they were right there with you.” — Dru Edmund Kucherera
7. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
8. “I said to myself, I’ve waited a long time in my life to have a child, and I’m missing it, I want to continue to have a career, but not this way.” — Karen Allen
9. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” — Terry Pratchett
10. “You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family.” — Anita Baker
11. “I would really like to spend more time with the family. Every time I go abroad I miss them all dreadfully.” — Jilly Cooper
12. “Home is wherever you leave everything you love and never question that it will be there when you return.” — Leo Christopher
13. “The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.” — Thomas Jefferson
14. “Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
15. “Spending time being down is less time out there achieving and enjoying.” — Sean Combs
16. “Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there anymore.” — Robin Hobb
17. “In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, the bridge to our future.” — Alex Haley
18. “Just because I’m not forever by your side doesn’t mean that’s not precisely where I want to be.” ― Stephanie Laurens
19. “There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” — Og Mandino
20. “The distance, being far away from your home, from your family, that’s not easy. There are times when you say, ‘Wow, what a fight, what a battle’.” — Rodrigo Santoro
I’m just at the beginning. Keep reading for more parenting quotes and love quotes about your children and family.
Beautiful Family Quotes
1. “Close together or far apart, you’re forever in my heart.” — Anonymous
2. “Your family love must be cultivated. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.” — Jim Rohn
3. “I do think that families are the most beautiful things in all the world!” — Louisa May Alcott
4. “People come and go in our lives, but the beauty of life is that our family is always there.” — Catherine Pulsifer
5. “You are loved, little one.” — Anonymous
6. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” — Mario Puzo
7. “You don’t know what unconditional love is. You may say you do, but if you don’t have a child, you don’t know what that is. But when you experience it, it is the most fulfilling ever.” — Regina King
8. “Nothing hurts more than family that ignores you. It may be okay for you to do it to me, but not to my child.” — Anonymous
9. “You deserve the best I have to give, and that’s my undying love as long as you shall live.” — Anonymous
10. “The family is a haven in a heartless world.” — Christopher Lasch
11. “That’s what people who love you do. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.” — Deb Caletti
12. “My kids are my world. If you are not an active part of their life, I will write you off.”
13. “The time you spend with family keeps your inner clock running.” — Anonymous
14. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.” — Anthony Brandt
15. “Raising kids is not easy but loving them is the easiest thing I’ve ever done.”
16. “Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family.” — Paul Pearsall
17. “Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.” — John Ed Pearce
18. “Parents of young children should realize that few people, and maybe no one, will find their children as enchanting as they do.” — Barbara Walters
19. “As a family, we make – not take – time for each other. That is the key to a strong chain even though some links don’t touch.” — Anonymous
20. “You may no longer be small, or need my help for all, but you’ll always need love from my heart, especially when we are apart.” — Anonymous
21. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” — George Bernard Shaw
22. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” — Michael J. Fox
23. “Having a place to go – is a home. Having someone to love – is a family. Having both – is a blessing.” — Donna Hedges
24. “I sustain myself with the love of family.” — Maya Angelou
25. “Someday they will grow up to appreciate all of your hard work.” — Anonymous
26. “Families are the compasses that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” — Brad Henry
27. “Family is the most important thing in the world.” — Princess Diana
28. “This is part of what a family is about; knowing that they will be there watching out for you. Nothing else will give you that.” — Mitch Albom
29. “If you are going to tell a story about a child going missing, it’s going to have similarities with a real life child going missing.” — James Nesbitt
30. “A mother discovers that one does not love one’s children just because they are one’s children but of the friendship formed while raising them.” — Gabriel Garcia Marquez
31. “The child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering.” — Benjamin Spock, Dr. Spock’s Baby and Child Care
32. “Ohana means family – no one gets left behind, and no one is ever forgotten.” — Chris Sanders & Dean DeBlois (Lilo & Stitch)
33. “I know you must walk your own path, but let my love be the light to guide you.” — Anonymous
34. “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” — Kate Winslet
35. “Getting together as a family is like putting all the chapters in a book, you need each member for the family to make sense.” — Anonymous
36. “Family traditions counter alienation and confusion. They help us define who we are; they provide something steady, reliable, and safe in a confusing world.” — Susan Lieberman
37. “Parents are without a doubt, one of the most, if not the most influential role models that their kids will probably have under normal circumstances.” — Joseph R. Parker
38. “My love for you is like an invisible elastic band. No matter how far you go, we are connected.” — Anonymous
39. “I miss my kids sometimes and that can get me down when I’ve been away working, but then I wake up and recognize how incredibly lucky I am.”
40. “We may be miles apart, but our love and affection unites us.” — Anonymous
41. “Days were better when we were together.” — Anonymous
42. “It can feel somewhat scary at times, even harrowing, but at the end of the day you learn to accept your child isn’t a child anymore.” — Anonymous
43. “Even though my lap is too small, my heart will always have enough room for you.” — Anonymous
44. “It’s always nice to have someone in your life who can make you smile even when they’re not around.” — Anonymous
45. “Distance gives us a reason to love harder.” — Anonymous
46. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” — Richard Bach
47. “Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold.” — Andre Maurois
48. “Family, nature and health all go together.” — Olivia Newton-John
Those were some of the most famous quotes about missing your family members and loved ones.
Dad Missing Out On Your Child’s Life Quotes
Here are some missing out on your child’s life quotes for all the emotional fathers out there. I hope these dad quotes help you find a way to express your feelings with words.
1. “One of the most disrespectful things a man can do is to abandon his own kids to take care of someone else’s kids.” — Anonymous
2. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” — Sigmund Freud
3. “I would really like to spend more time with the family. Every time I go abroad I miss them all dreadfully.” — Jilly Cooper
4. “As old as she was. She still missed her daddy sometimes.” — Anonymous
5. “I recognize the amount of time that it takes as a director. I made the choice to stop taking roles outside of L.A. because I didn’t want to miss any of my child’s life.” — Regina King
6. “Fathers, you are the head and strength of the family unit. If you are not in place, there is a weakness in the link.” — Anita R. Sneed-Carter
7. “Just remember when you are ignoring her, you are teaching her to live without you.” — Anonymous
8. “Be a part of my kids’ life. I won’t beg you. You are missing out, not them. Just don’t get mad when they don’t know who you are.” — Anonymous
9. “Father’s day is so hard for me.” — Anonymous
10. “It is a wise father that knows his own child.” — William Shakespeare
11. “You’re the most perfect dad, my best friend, and mentor. I miss you all the time. The little daughter you left behind has grown up big. I miss you, father…” — Anonymous
12. “There’s nothing worse than a man that can be everything to everybody else. Except a father to their own child.” — Anonymous
13. “Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.” — Anonymous
14. “The absent are never without fault, nor the present without excuse.” — Benjamin Franklin
15. “No matter how old you get. The hole in your heart created by your father’s absence still aches. Especially on Father’s day.” — Anonymous
16. “To be in your children’s memory tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.” — Anonymous
17. “One of the saddest things in this world is to see a child grow up hating one of their parents because they only got one side of the story.” — Anonymous
18. “An absent father needs to realize his child’s needs before it is too late.” — Anonymous
19. “If a man cannot be a father to his own child, there is nothing worse than that.” — Anonymous
20. “When you grew up with an absent father, you grew up dreaming and wanting.. But most of all, you grew up way too fast.” — Anonymous
21. “A daughter needs her father more than anything else in the world.” — Anonymous
Long-Distance Family Quotes
1. “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” — Wendy Wunder
2. “There’s no shame in feeling homesick. It means you come from a happy home.” — Mrs. Hughes (Downton Abbey)
3. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” — George Burns
4. “Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.” — Anonymous
5. “No matter where we each stand, together we can look upon the same sun, the same moon, and the same sky, so we are forever one family.” — Anonymous
6. “You can’t see air, but you need it to breathe and it is always there. Likewise, your family may not be in sight, but we need each other and will always be there.” — Anonymous
7. “When times are hard, when your friends turn against you and your luck seems to fail, know that I will always be just a phone call away.” — Anonymous
8. “Near or far, we’re only separated by car. As long as we exist, there is no distance across which our family can’t persist.” — Anonymous
9. “Keeping a family together is like building a puzzle. It may be hard to gather all the pieces, but once gathered, they fit together seamlessly.” — Anonymous
10. “You can put miles between you and your family but you carry them with you; you live in a world and a world lives in you.” — Frederick Buechner
11. “I recognize the amount of time that it takes as a director. I made the choice to stop taking roles outside of L.A. because I didn’t want to miss any of my child’s life.” — Regina King
Children are their parent’s greatest gift. When they are sad, we are sad, and we want nothing but the best for them.
We want to make them happy every day of our lives. No earthly love can be compared to the love we feel for our children.
I hope these missing out on your child’s life quotes made you think a bit deeper. If you can change the circumstances that affect the separation of you and your child, you should do so.
You will certainly not regret it. Surely your child is the most important person in the world to you, so every moment you can spend with them is precious.
Until next time!