80+ Best Heartless Selfish Quotes You Simply Must See
Your search is over if you’re looking for the best collection of heartless selfish quotes on the Internet!
These amazing and inspirational quotes will provide a unique perspective on this matter, and you’ll be amazed by the top quotes I’ve collected for you.
I’m sure you’ll find a few quotes you can relate to and share with the world to express how you feel.
Let’s take a look at what I’ve prepared for you!
Top 10 Heartless Selfish Quotes
These are the very best quotes on being heartless and selfish:
1. “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” – Oscar Wilde
2. “We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.” – Lord Byron
3. “Remember that life is too precious to be wasted on selfish people who have no desire to help anyone but themselves.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
4. “The cold, heartless, and/or antisocial people in the world are usually the ones with the biggest hearts.” – Isaiah Harden
5. “The selfish man suffers more from his selfishness than he from whom that selfishness withholds some important benefit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Selfishness must always be forgiven, you know, because there is no hope of a cure.” – Jane Austen
7. “I’m not heartless. I’ve just learned how to use my heart less.” – Kanye West
8. “Best way to not get your heart broken is to pretend you don’t have one.” – Charlie Sheen
9. “Did you forget? I’m a heartless wretch!” – Davy Jones
10. “Most people who act heartless have a sweetheart. They just act heartless to protect themselves from getting hurt again.” – Sonya Parker
Selfish Heartless Quotes
Now let’s take a look at these awesome heartless selfish quotes and relationship quotes:
1. “Being selfish to me means that you have to look out for yourself and you don’t have to sacrifice.” – Herbie Mann
2. “Selfish people are in a way terribly capable of great loves.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. “It’s usually the selfish people who are loved the most. They do what you deny yourself, and you love them for it. You give them your heart.” – Saul Bellow
4. “Selfish people, with no heart to speak of, have the best time of it.” – Josh Billings
5. “Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.” – Stephen Kendrick
6. “People can be so heartless and dirty.” – Jim Goad
7. “They call you heartless; but you have a heart and I love you for being ashamed to show it.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
8. “You claim to be heartless but you’re always doing nice things for other people? You’re just a sweetheart that’s afraid to get hurt again.” – Sonya Parker
9. “You are gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul.”
10. “Nothing burns like the cold.” – George R.R. Martin
11. “Not sure if I am emotionally strong and can handle everything, or I am a heartless sociopath.”
12. “I’m a heartless optimist. This combination could make me lethal, but mostly it has led to a successful hermit lifestyle.” – Sarah Noffke
13. “I’m not heartless. I appear so because I’m afraid of getting hurt. I’m one of those fragile hearts that once cared too much.” – Nitya Prakash
14. “My brain has no heart, and my heart has no brain. That’s why when I speak my mind I appear heartless, and when I do what’s in my heart I seem thoughtless.” – Anthony Bautista
15. “As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.” – Helen Keller
16. “I really dislike rude people. Sketchy people. Cold hearted people. Cruel people. Selfish people. It just downright disgusts me.”
17. “I hate when people say I’m selfish. I try to make everyone happy before I even focus on my own happiness, if anything I’m not selfish enough.”
18. “I have been a selfish being all my life, in practice, though not in principle.” – Jane Austen
19. “Think what a contribution selfish people of great talent could have made if their commitments had been made to Jesus Christ instead of to themselves! We will do better in every aspect of our lives if we commit to a God in whose life we see miracles, power over disease and death.” – Vaughn J Featherstone
20. “Putting yourself first isn’t being selfish, it’s what allows you to serve others effectively & sustainably.”
21. “You know, it’s time for me to start living for myself… I just feel like I’m being selfish though.”
22. “It amazes me how selfish some people are. Even your friends…”
Heartless And Selfish People Quotes
My collection of heartless selfish quotes also includes these deep and relatable quotes:
1. “Nothing resembles selfishness more closely than self-respect.” – George Sand
2. “That man who lives for self alone lives for the meanest mortal known.” – Joaquin Miller
3. “A selfish man is a thief.” – Jose Marti
4. “Liars; those people who hide behind the truth for no real reason but for their own selfish gain.” – Tai Nicole
5. “A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor’s.” – Richard Whately
6. “Perhaps this is just punishment for those who have been heartless, to understand only when nothing can be undone.” – Khaled Hosseini
7. “Intensely selfish people are always very decided as to what they wish. They do not waste their energies in considering the good of others.” – Ouida
8. “Most heartless people have a heart, they’ll just do anything to protect their heart even if it means that they have to break yours.” – Sonya Parker
9. “Heartless is a label that is all too often wrongly given to someone who is rational by someone who is emotional.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
10. “Those who are heartless, once cared too much.” – Frank Ocean
11. “Glory, built on selfish principles, is shame and guilt.” – William Cowper
12. “Society teaches boys not to cry or show their feelings, then act surprised when some men act heartless.”
13. “A little inhumanity does not describe you as heartless, rather, it is a way of telling others that you have a heart that can get angry.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
14. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
15. “Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either.” – Erich Fromm
16. “Selfish people don’t serve the Lord, they don’t serve their family, neighbors or generation…selfish people want you to serve them!”
17. “The experiences of the heartless are so limited. It is hate that is blind. Love may miss a flaw here and there, but hate misses beauty everywhere.” – Helen McCloy
18. “Even the most innocent person, when cornered, is capable of a heartless crime.” – Yiyun Li
19. “The insatiable need for heartless power and ruthless control is the telltale sign of an uninitiated man – the most irresponsible, incompetent, and destructive force on earth.” – Michael Leunig
20. “Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it’s the place where we find the deepest heartache.” – Iyanla Vanzant
Motivational Heartless Selfish Quotes
I also gathered some fantastic heartless selfish quotes that serve as motivational quotes:
1. “In life’s journey, you will meet all sorts of characters. Always remember, never shed a tear for the heartless, corrupt, or insensitive.” – Krystal
2. “If you have given up your heart … you have already lost. A heartless creature is a loveless creature, and a loveless creature is a beast.” – Stephen King
3. “‘Being heartless is better than living with a broken heart!’ mumbled a bruised soul.” – Sadiqua Fathima
4. “Be gentle, don’t let the people make you difficult. Be kind, don’t let the realities of life steal your sweetness and make you heartless.”
5. “If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires.” – Horace Traubel
6. “An intellectual, heartless man never becomes an inspired man. It is always the heart that speaks in the man of love; it discovers a greater instrument than intellect can give you, the instrument of inspiration.” – Swami Vivekananda
7. “Just when you give up and think the whole world is heartless, you turn around and face someone so wonderful that they give you a reason to Love again, at least one more time.” – Terry Mark
8. “There’s nothing wrong with being coldhearted if you’re doing it for the right reasons.”
9. “Pain has taught me to be kind, caring, and compassionate. Some people should give that a try instead of being heartless.”
10. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” – Albert Camus
11. “Beware: when your friends or family members tell you to ‘put yourself first’, they are only setting you up to call you ‘selfish’ later.”
12. “No matter how cold this world gets, please don’t lose touch of morality and allow it to turn your heart cold.” – Edmond Mbiaka
13. “I shall have peace, as leafy trees are peaceful when rain bends down the bough; and I shall be more silent and cold-hearted than you are now.” – Sara Teasdale
14. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” – Napoleon Hill
15. “Selfishness is weakness. But loving and caring for others is a position of power beyond anything we can possibly imagine.” – Joel Osteen
16. “Foolish, selfish people are always thinking of themselves and the result is always negative. Wise persons think of others, helping them as much as they can, and the result is happiness. Love and compassion are beneficial both for you and others. Through your kindness to others, your mind and heart will open to peace.” – Dalai Lama
17. “Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others… By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
18. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
19. “There comes a time where you must become cold and separate the ones who are tearing you down.” – Travis Martin
More Selfish Heartless Quotes
Here are even more quotes on this matter. Enjoy!
1. “Money doesn’t change men, it merely unmasks them. If a man is naturally selfish or arrogant or greedy, the money brings that out, that’s all.” – Henry Ford
2. “Sometimes the coaches tell me to be selfish, but my game won’t let me be selfish.” – Lebron James
3. “It’s a cruel, heartless world out there in commercial rock ‘n roll, and when you take as much time off as we did, eight years, booking agents, don’t know if you’ll draw.” – Tina Weymouth
4. “Adolescence is that time when I think, it can be – it’s the cruelest place on Earth. It can really be heartless.”
5. “I have been the victim of heartless malice.” – Taylor Caldwell
6. “It’s simple. Mankind is a sorry excuse for living creatures. They are cruel, cold, merciless, selfish, heartless, wasteful, greedy, and destructive. But the list goes on. I can spend all night telling you what’s wrong with them, but why bother?” – Charles Lee
7. “Love, with very young people, is a heartless business. We drink at that age from thirst, or to get drunk; it is only later in life that we occupy ourselves with the individuality of our wine.” – Isak Dinesen
8. “Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.” – Karl Marx
9. “The truth is, sometimes siblings have nothing in common but blood…Sometimes you stay up late at night, thinking things that make you feel like a heartless monster, wishing for something different and then feeling sick with guilt because you know what the cost of “different” would be…There’s a difference between having no siblings and having a broken one.” – Beth Revis
10. “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.” – Michael Jordan
11. “Capitalism justified itself and was adopted as an economic principle on the express ground that it provides selfish motives for doing good, and that human beings will do nothing except for selfish motives.” – George Bernard Shaw
12. “To be all right implies an impossible phase. We hope for mostly right on the best of our days.” – Marissa Meyer (Heartless)
13. “The world is not fair, and often fools, cowards, liars, and the selfish hide in high places.” – Bryant H. McGill
14. “I’m tired of broken promises. I’m tired of my friends talking behind my back and I’m tired of selfish people.”
We’ve reached the end of my fantastic collection of heartless selfish quotes. I hope you liked it!
It’s far from easy to deal with cold-hearted and selfish people. The reality is that we never really get to choose who’s around us.
We just learn how to coexist with such people.
On the other hand, social pressures often make us rethink our own personalities, lifestyles, and choices.
It is sometimes really difficult to define what selfish or heartless means; what’s okay for you might be the opposite for society in general.
That’s why some people say that one must be selfish or cold-hearted simply to survive.
For example, after you’ve survived a heartbreak, who could blame you for being emotionless or focused so much on yourself that you appear self-centered?
Nothing’s black or white in this world, but I hope the quotes you’ve just read gave you a fresh perspective on this issue!
Until next time!