Top 210 Basketball Captions For The Most Devoted Fans
If you love basketball, you’ll be excited to learn that today’s article brings an unmatched collection of basketball captions for your awesome posts!
So, if you’ve been searching for basketball caption ideas, your search is over because I’ve gathered the best captions I could find on the web!
Keep scrolling to find the funniest and the most inspirational caption ideas!
10 Best Basketball Captions
There are endless lists of basketball-related captions all over the Internet, but here are my top 10 captions:
1. Basketball isn’t just a sport. It is an art, one that must be mastered to succeed.
2. Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.
3. It is not how big you are, it’s how big you play.
4. If you love the game, nobody can take that from you.
5. Basketball is life. Pass it on.
6. Sometimes the coaches tell me to be selfish, but my game won’t let me be selfish.
7. If you think I am crazy now, wait until basketball season.
8. Our offense is like the Pythagorean Theorem. There is no answer.
9. Good things happen to those who hustle.
10. Basketball is my lucky word.
Funny Basketball Captions
If you’re looking for the most hilarious basketball captions and basketball-related puns for your Instagram pictures, be sure to check these out:
1. Which animal is best at basketball? A score-pion.
2. What do an angry bunny and a pro basketball player have in common? – Mad hops.
3. They always ask me if I play basketball because I am tall.
4. March Madness: the male version of the Sweet 16.
5. Forget about it, princess, ‘cause not even Cinderella is getting to this ball.
6. What do you call a basketball player that misses dunks? – Alley Whoops.
7. I was too cute to be a cheerleader, so I play basketball.
8. I’m the queen or king (choose for boys and girls) of this court.
9. If you think I am crazy now, wait until we get to court.
10. Why couldn’t the basketball player listen to his music? – Because he broke a record!
11. I believe I can fly.
12. Basketball! Boys invented it, girls perfected it.
13. My bracket tells me you’re about to buy me this drink!
14. What did the triangle offense say to the ball? – You’re pointless.
15. What do you call an unbelievable story about a basketball player? – A tall tale.
16. Why can’t you play basketball in the jungle? – Because there are too many cheetahs.
17. What is a pirate’s favorite basketball move? – The sky hook.
18. Basketball sued tennis for no reason. Now they have to go to court.
19. Why was Cinderella thrown off the basketball team? – She ran away from the ball.
20. Who was the poet of basketball? – Longfellow.
21. Did you hear about the referee that got fired from the NBA? Supposedly he’s a whistleblower.
22. Many basketball players fail their tests in school because they do not want to pass.
23. I couldn’t figure out why the basketball kept getting larger and larger. Then it hit me.
24. Basketball players are the most upstanding members of society. They really are people to look up to.
25. Our basketball coach loves dogs. He has three-pointers.
26. What is a basketball player’s favorite thing about astronomy? Shooting stars.
27. Why don’t fish like basketball? – They’re afraid of the nets.
28. Why did the basketball player sign up for the crafting club? He wanted to learn how to make baskets.
29. What would you get if you crossed a basketball with a newborn snake? – A bouncing baby boa.
30. Why did the basketball player visit the bank? – His checks were all bouncing.
Good Basketball Captions
Find perfect captions for your cool posts over here:
1. If we are not at home, check the basketball courts.
2. I’m the girl your coach warned you about.
3. I am not a princess, I am a basketball beast.
4. Any American boy can be a basketball star if he grows up, up, up.
5. Young men need more models, not critics.
6. There are really only two plays: Romeo and Juliet, and put the darn ball in the basket.
7. I haven’t been able to slam-dunk the basketball for the past five years. Or, for the thirty-eight years before that, either.
8. Sports do not build character, they reveal it.
9. Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.
10. Nothing is given. Everything is earned.
11. When I dunk, I put something on it. I want the ball to hit the floor before I do.
12. We believe in people executing their role and caring about the team more than anything individually.
13. The worst day of coaching is better than the best day doing anything else.
14. Basketball is my boyfriend.
15. Sometimes the best recruits are the ones you don’t get.
16. Play hard, play smart, play together.
17. Play til the clock says 0:00.
18. Look ahead, go forward.
19. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
20. Once you are in the game, you forget about everything.
21. Life is simple: eat, sleep, play basketball.
22. You got some skills, but I’m on my game.
23. Keep calm because that’s what makes you a winner.
24. Every time I rise up, I have confidence that I’m going to make it.
25. The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, a place I’ve always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It’s been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction.
26. Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.
27. The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy.
28. Everyone believes in something. I believe that basketball is the best invention ever!
29. I’m a basketball player. That’s what I do and what I love, but that’s not all who I am. I’m talented in a lot of different areas.
30. Don’t ever forget that you play with your soul as well as your body.
Basketball Captions For Those Who Play
If you play basketball, here you’ll find loads of awesome basketball captions:
1. The idea is not to block every shot, the idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.
2. The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.
3. Be an individual, but be a team player first.
4. Basketball is just a platform for me to inspire people.
5. The Time is Now.
6. Practice to beat the best.
7. Elevate your game.
8. Believe and achieve.
9. Good basketball always starts with good defense.
10. A key basketball skill is imagery. The best players “see” situations before they happen so they can be prepared.
11. If we are not at home, well, it’s game day!
12. Seeing those doubters out there, it’s gonna be funny seeing them eat their own words.
13. Life is always better when we play basketball.
14. You don’t play against the opponent, you play against the game of basketball.
15. It is far better to shoot an airball than to not shoot at all for fear of missing.
16. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.
17. Basketball is a beautiful game when the five players on the court play with one heartbeat.
18. We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors.
19. Basketball is just another game to some people, but to me it’s everything.
20. All I need is a basketball and a hoop, and I will be set for life.
21. Just play, have fun, enjoy the game.
22. Winning is more related to good defense than a good offense.
23. Nothing but the ball, till you fall.
24. Basketball is life, everything else is just a game.
25. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up, figure out how to climb it, go through it or work around it.
26. Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.
27. The single most important aspect of coaching is running effective practices.
28. Eat, sleep, hoop, repeat, become legendary.
29. Talent wins the game, but teamwork and intelligence win a championship.
30. Practice like you’ve never won. Play like you’ve never lost.
31. I would tell players to relax and never think about what’s at stake. Just think about the basketball game. If you start to think about who is going to win the championship, you’ve lost your focus.
32. Don’t ask what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.
33. A basketball team is like the five fingers on your hand. If you can get them all together, you have a fist. That’s how I want you to play.
34. The challenge of every team is to build a feeling of oneness, of dependence on one another because the question is usually not how well each person performs, but how well they work together.
35. If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.
Basketball Captions For Those Who Watch
If you’re a basketball enthusiast, check out these basketball captions for your amazing basketball pictures:
1. Basketball never stops.
2. Today’s forecast: 100% chance of winning.
3. May all your swishes come true.
4. If ________ don’t win, you’re gonna see some madness.
5. Basketball is not just a sport, it’s a way of life.
6. There is no such thing as a perfect basketball player, and I don’t believe there is only one greatest player, either.
7. Winners never stop proving it.
8. They play unselfishly, they play together and they play hard.
9. Legends are forever.
10. My town, my team.
11. They can never take away your love for the basketball game.
12. He makes plays you can’t coach, and he makes plays that look like he’s never been coached.
13. Defend and dominate!
14. What’s the difference between time and Kobe? Time passes.
15. Dedicated and determined.
16. For the love of the game.
17. Our team is not responsible for your lost pride.
18. Basketball Nation.
19. Fast and furious.
20. Basketball kinda day.
Cool Basketball Captions
Now let’s dive into these cool basketball captions to get inspired:
1. It’s okay if you don’t like basketball, it’s kind of a smart sport anyway.
2. People ask me if I could fly, I said, ‘yeah… for a little while.
3. There’s no elevator to success. Take the stairs.
4. Swish you were here.
5. Make each point count.
6. You play the way you practice.
7. Once you are in the game, forget about the excuses.
8. Keep calm and keep ballin’.
9. Let’s bounce.
10. Wish together, swish together.
11. Nothing but swish.
12. If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.
13. March is my favorite month.
14. Let me tell you how we do things around here: you pass, I shoot!
15. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
16. Basketball is life, everything else is an interruption.
17. Foul shots win ball games.
18. Pass? Just get the rebound!
19. I don’t always pass the ball, but when I do, it’s off the backboard to myself.
20. Nobody trains to be a backup.
21. Of course, basketball is a team sport – I need my teammates to pass me the ball!
22. It’s called shooting guard, not passing guard!
23. Should I pass it? – Nahh!
24. Basketball is my favorite season.
25. Why is the ball not in my hands?
26. Is this my number or my free throw percentage?
27. The more we sweat, the luckier we get.
28. You can’t spell awesome without me.
29. The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play “Drop the Handkerchief”.
30. Nothing but net.
Inspirational Basketball Captions
Here’s a selection of the most inspirational basketball captions:
1. Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.
2. Push yourself, again and again, don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.
3. Limits like fear are often just an illusion.
4. Don’t make excuses, make your free throws.
5. You are your only competition.
6. Winners don’t wait for chances, they take them.
7. Win the last game.
8. All things are difficult before they are easy.
9. You can’t control the minutes you play, but you can control how you play the minutes you get.
10. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
11. Goals are attained not by strength but by perseverance.
12. I’ll quit competing when my heart stops beating.
13. Some wish for it, we work for it.
14. Be so good they can’t ignore you.
15. Run as one!
16. Keep calm and shoot on.
17. Teamwork makes the dream work.
18. Victory is the goal.
19. It takes a player to shoot a shot. But it takes a team to win a game.
20. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.
21. Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory.
22. If you ain’t hurting, you ain’t playing hard enough.
23. People will always talk about your setbacks until you silence them with your comeback.
24. It’s not important who starts the game but who finishes it.
25. Coaches win practices, players win games.
26. Every day when I get on the floor, I give it my all and play because you never know what tomorrow holds.
27. Champions play as they practice, creating consistency of excellence in all your habits.
28. The best shooter has a short memory, no matter how many times they miss, they always think the next shot is going in.
29. When in doubt, pass it, back out.
30. Create unselfishness as the most important team attribute.
31. Opportunities may knock, but you must open the door.
32. Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
33. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
34. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
35. Teams that play together beat those with superior players who play more as individuals.
Basketball Instagram Captions
Here are some more good basketball captions for your Insta posts:
1. Go hard or go home.
2. 99% basketball. 1% everything else.
3. Game on.
4. Stressed, blessed, basketball obsessed.
5. Never back down.
6. I don’t dance on a dance floor, I run on a basketball court.
7. I hoop, so please watch your ankles.
8. Tricks, dribble, ankle-break, good smile – basketball is life.
9. You can’t be afraid to fail, it’s the only way you succeed.
10. Basketball is like photography – if you don’t focus, all you have is the negative.
11. I don’t wear a crown, I wear a headband.
12. Can’t keep calm, it’s the final four.
13. Basketball is not just a sport, it’s a lifestyle.
14. I dream of cutting a net.
15. It’s not just about points, It’s about winning.
16. Dribble, shoot, rebound, score.
17. Basketball is a full-court game, so every drill must be done full-court.
18. May all your swishes come true.
19. A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.
20. Don’t expect anything, make it happen.
To Wrap It Up
That’s all, folks!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this collection of more than 200 basketball captions for your awesome social media posts!
I believe you’ve found a few inspirational captions you will use for your Instagram posts next time you want to share your love for this amazing sport.
Wise words from great players, such as of legendary Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Kobe Bryant and others have also been included in my collection.
Their words of wisdom are a true inspiration for all of us!
That’s all for today! Stay tuned for more amazing content.
Until next time!
Read next: Top 320 Baseball Instagram Captions That Are A Real Catch